Working with projects and activities
Users with the role 'Project Admin' can create projects and activities.
Simple creation of projects
In order for the users to be able to report time a project with its activities has
to be created. This may seems to be a hassle but in Timeduty it can be made very
That is it! The project/activity is now ready - all users can register time
and reports can be generated by project administrators.
- Enter the name of the new project and select the project manager - create the project
- Enter the name of the first activity in the project - create the activity
There are several advanced options that can be used when creating a project:
- Client - If you have registered clients (customers) you can select a client for
the project. This can later be used for filtering when creating reports
- Visible only for project members - If this checkbox is selected only users that
are added to the project as project members can report time on the project
- Enabled - If this checkbox is NOT selected the project is disabled. When the project
is disabled it is no longer possible to register time on it
- Priority - If there are several activities registered in a project you can modify
the priority of the activities in order to sort them in the order you prefer
- Type of time - For each activity it is possible to configure the type of time.
This can later be used for filtering when creating reports. The possible types are:
'Regular', 'Billable', 'Holiday' and 'Sickday hours'